SRC Guest House, Hotel Information, and Transportation Options
Bob Green Guest House
RESERVATIONS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The facility provides convenient and reasonably-priced accommodations for SRC Users. The Bob Green Guest House is located at 2014 Green Road, in Stoughton, WI. The guest house is in a rural setting about a mile from the SRC site. Though within walking distance of SRC, driving may be preferred in Wisconsin's variable weather.
Each room is furnished with a twin-sized bed & linens, a desk, and chair. Wi-Fi is available throughout the guest house. In addition to the sleeping quarters, there is a common area in the lower level with a fully equipped kitchen with food storage and a lounge with a television. Shopping for provisions may be done in the nearby towns of Stoughton or McFarland, about 5 miles driving distance.
Guest House Policies
- Consumption of alcohol is not allowed in common areas including all hallways, the lounge, and the kitchen. Guests are allowed to have alcohol in their rooms provided all occupants are at least 21 years of age. Note that a surveillance system linked to a DVR recording system is present in all hallways, the lounge and the kitchen. This policy was established in accordance with University of Wisconsin-Madison policies.
- Guests are responsible for their own transportation to and from the guest house.
- Only one person is allowed to occupy a room, with the exception of Rooms 11 and 15.
- Pets or other animals are not allowed in the guest house.
To ensure availability of rooms, please make reservations as far in advance as possible. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations must be made in advance as the doors are locked at all times. When making your reservation, the SRC Admin Office will give you the key code to access the building.
Reservations requests can be made through an online form.
For questions please contact the SRC Admin Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (608) 877-2000 between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
|Current Room Rates||Daily||Weekly|
1 - 8 (Private Room/Shared Bath*)
13-14 (Private Room/Shared Bath*)
|9 - 10 - 12 (Private Room/Private Bath)||$39.00||$259.00|
11 (Occupies Two People)
|15 (Occupies Four People)||
*Bath adjoins two rooms.
Payment accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Cash, or Check. (Sorry, we cannot accept American Express.) All invoices will be charged the Wisconsin 5.5% sales tax unless we receive your institution's tax exempt certificate prior to your departure (fax to 608-877-2001).
The outside doors are locked at all times for your safety. To get the entry code, which changes routinely, you must schedule your room ahead of time. The SRC Admin Office will provide you with a code when you make your reservation. A current schedule is posted on the lobby white board for your information. You will find the door to your room unlocked and the keys on the desk inside. Food and beverages placed in the common refrigerator should be labeled with your name and date.
Please make your own arrangements for transportation and food. There are, unfortunately, no shopping or dining outlets within close walking distance. The closest stores are approximately 5 miles away.
Important: Any schedule changes, room changes, or unexpected visits to SRC requiring a guest room, must be cleared through the SRC Admin Office before changing your room assignment. Please do not take an open room without prior permission.
Checkout time is 12:00 PM (noon). Please have your belongings cleared out of your room by that time. Keys to the room may be left on the desk in your room. Also, please be sure to clear your food and belongings from the kitchen's cupboard space and refrigerator before you leave. Please check out with the SRC Admin Office to pay your bill and return SRC building keys. All room charges must be paid prior to your departure unless previous arrangements have been made.
Questions or Concerns?
If you need assistance or have a problem regarding your room, please contact Gary Anderson (877-2312) or Mark Faber (877-2237). If an emergency arises after hours, please refer to the Emergency Numbers list posted at the Bob Green Guest House.
Other local lodging options include the hotels below, in order from closest to SRC to furthest:
- Quality Inn - Stoughton (608) 877-9000 or (877) 424-6423
- Days Inn - Stoughton (608) 873-0330
- Days Inn - Madison, southeast near Monona (608) 223-1800 or (800) 329-7466
- Holiday Inn Express - Madison, near downtown (608) 255-7400 or (877) 863-4780
- Sheraton - Madison, near downtown (608) 251-2300 or (866) 716-8103
- The Campus Inn - Madison, downtown on UW campus, (800) 589-6285
- Doubletree- Madison, downtown (608) 251-5511
- Quality Inn - Madison (Fitchburg) (608) 274-7200
The following are available at the Dane County Airport in Madison:
- Enterprise - Dane County Airport (608) 661-4900 or (800) 736-8227* *Use Enterprise for in-state (Wisconsin) car rentals to be reimbursed by SRC
- National - Dane County Airport (608) 249-1614 or (800)-227-7368** **Use National for out-of-state car rentals to be reimbursed by SRC
- Avis - Dane County Airport (608) 242-0600 or (800) 831-2847
- Budget - Dane County Airport (608) 249-5544 or (800) 527-0770
- Dollar - Dane County Airport (608) 250-4990
- Hertz - Dane County Airport (608) 241-3803 or (800) 654-3131
Buses from Chicago and Milwaukee
The Van Galder bus operates between Madison and Chicago - O'Hare airport, Midway airport and Downtown Chicago. For a schedule, please visit: http://coachusa.com/vangalder/.
Badger Bus operates between Madison and Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee. For a schedule, please visit http://www.badgerbus.com.